Sushma Koirala Memorial Nursing Campus (SKMNC) located in Sankhu, Kathmandu was established in 2057 B.S. under the direct surpervision and management of Sushma Koirala Memorial Trust (SKMT).It has been successfully providing professional nursing education for over two decades and has highly qualified, trained and experienced teacher. SKMNC has its own hospital, the Sushma Koirala Memorial Hospital (SKMH), for practical experience for the student.
The campus is committed to imparting quality nursing education to young women. Hence, it has accepted the challenge of producing qualified health professionals by working to ensure & maintain a high academic standard.
To conduct professional training by providing quality health education in a sound and safe academic environment with modern medically equipped facilities; and to develop the campus as a learning resource center by ensuring organizational stability and continuity.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
- To follow the student- centered curriculum, i.e. community and need based, and train different levels of human resources in the health sector (e.g. Bachelor of Science in Nursing &Proficiency Certificate Level).
- To develop the necessary system to provide high quality, comprehensive and effective health care to the maximum number of needy people.
- To contribute for making the national health education system more rational, effective, relevant and in line with Nepal Government’s health training policies.
- To develop quality training and education focused on the development of the nations professional human resources, so as to give them the skills to compete on national and international platforms.
- To produce skilled and professional health workers in the health sector.
Sushma Koirala Memorial Nursing Campus (SKMNC) has adopted the curriculum according to the Purbanchal University (PU) & Council For Technical Education & Vocational Training (CTETVT).